Wednesday, May 27, 2009

10 Best Debut Albums

Last Christmas, I made a “Father Knows Best” Box Set of the 10 Best Debut Albums of All Time for my 13-year-old daughter. Later, I posted the list on Facebook and got some interesting input from friends. I figured it was a good, timeless post with which to seed this new blog.

So here it is, in no particular order:

• Led Zeppelin

• The Doors

• Jimi Hendrix – Are You Experienced

• Big Country – The Crossing

• Crosby, Stills & Nash

• Echo & The Bunnymen – Crocodiles

• U2 – Boy

• The La’s

• Jeff Buckley – Grace

• The Clash

And because I can’t resist, my close runners up: Thrashing Doves’ Bedrock Vice / Santana, Talking Heads’ 77, The Band’s Music From Big Pink, Norah Jones’ Come Away with Me, David Lindley & El Rayo X, Garbage, Nick Drake’s Five Leaves Left, and The Proclaimers’ This Is The Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment